1 Timothy 4:12 says, “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity.”
Since 2013, Samaritan’s Purse has offered competitive, Gospel-focused internships for students around the globe. In this episode, Kristy take a closer look at the robust program and the impact that it has across the ministry. She hears from this year’s summer interns, Parker Primrose and Joelle Gates-Bassett, along with Cindy Rutz, the vice president of Human Resources.
To kick off the Operation Christmas Child season, Kristy speaks with Izabella McMillon, who received a shoebox as a child growing up in communist Romania. Now serving as the Speakers Bureau Manager for Operation Christmas Child, she shares her story and equips other shoebox recipients to do the same.
Two weeks ago, on August 29, 2021, Hurricane Ida’s path took a devastating turn as it barreled toward the southeastern border of Louisiana. The Category 4 storm unearthed trees, homes, and communities as it spread through the Greater New Orleans area. All the while, Samaritan’s Purse U.S. Disaster Relief teams were tracking the storm and standing by to assess the damage.
September 11, 2001, marks the solemn day when the United States experienced the worst terrorist attack on our own soil. On the Ground with Samaritan’s Purse is pausing to reflect, honor, and remember those who were lost on 9/11, as well as those that served and gave their lives while protecting our nation’s freedom in the wars that followed.
Kristy Graham opens the episode with her thoughts and condolences regarding the 20-year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. She tells listeners that her hope and prayer through this remembrance is that the United States can once again be united. Kristy then shares her grandfather-in-law Billy Graham’s address to the country at the National Cathedral.
– Check out our episode called, “After the Shock: Haiti Earthquake,” to hear stories from our Disaster Assistance Response Team and the beneficiaries we’re helping on the ground in Haiti.
– Listen to “In the News – Responding to the Afghanistan Crisis.” Kristy shares how Samaritan’s Purse was able to quickly mobilize critical relief supplies and disaster responders to help care for families in the wake of the heartbreaking events in Afghanistan.
– To volunteer with Samaritan’s Purse U.S. Disaster Relief, visit spvolunteer.org to learn about how you can help alongside us in Jesus’ Name.
2 Timothy 1:7, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and a sound mind.”
Thank you for joining us for another episode of On the Ground with Samaritan’s Purse, hosted by Kristy Graham. In recent days, Samaritan’s Purse has been responding to simultaneous disasters affecting families around the world. Kristy Graham sits down with strategic leaders in the ministry to share updates on how we’re helping after Hurricane Ida in Louisiana, rising COVID-19 cases in Mississippi, the earthquake in Haiti, and the tragedy in Afghanistan.
– Follow us on Instagram to see the Samaritan’s Purse response team bring help to hurting people in Haiti.
– Go back and listen to our episode called, “In the News – Haiti Earthquake,” to hear how Samaritan’s Purse was able to respond at a moment’s notice to the earthquake in Haiti.
Thank you for joining us in another episode of On the Ground with Samaritan’s Purse, hosted by Kristy Graham. On August 14, Haiti experienced a 7.2 magnitude earthquake—compounding more devastation to the already hurting country. In the weeks prior, Haiti was experiencing extreme turmoil with their president’s assassination and rising gang activity. In the hours after the earthquake, Samaritan’s Purse sent a Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) along with 31 tons of relief supplies to provide immediate help. In this episode, Kristy connects with several DART members who are currently on the ground helping in Jesus’ Name.
– Watch Franklin Graham, the president of Samaritan’s Purse, as he called for a time of prayer for Afghanistan—asking our nation to pray for the country, U.S. leadership, and all those whose very lives are being threatened by the Taliban.
Thank you for listening in to another episode of On the Ground with Samaritan’s Purse, hosted by Kristy Graham. In recent days, the world has had their eyes focused on the devastating events taking place in Afghanistan. Samaritan’s Purse is currently partnering with organizations on the ground to sponsor flights to bring people to safety. In this timely episode, Kristy speaks with Ken Isaacs, the Vice President of Programs and Government Relations, as he gives updates on how Samaritan’s Purse is helping men, women, and children out of this horrific situation.
Thank you for tuning in to another episode of On the Ground with Samaritan’s Purse, hosted by Kristy Graham. In this special feature of “Ordinary People Serving an Extraordinary God,” Kristy interviews Marigold, the program manager of the mental health initiatives in Iraq.
Thank you for joining us for a bonus episode of On the Ground with Samaritan’s Purse, hosted by Kristy Graham. In the early morning hours of Saturday, August 14, a 7.2 magnitude earthquake rocked the southern region of Haiti—destroying communities and trapping people underneath the debris.