– There is still time to buy tickets for the Kentucky Tornado Relief Benefit Concert on February 20th.
– Learn more about Show Hope, a nationally recognized voice in orphan care and adoption advocacy founded by Mary Beth and Steven Curtis Chapman.
– Listen to the song Steven Curtis Chapman wrote called “’Til the Blue”, which raised money for Samaritan’s Purse in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey.
– Read “Choosing to SEE: A Journey of Struggle and Hope” written by Mary Beth Curtis, who shares her story of finding God in the midst of grief.
– Are you interested in finding the Good News of Salvation? Visit the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association website.
Steven Curtis Chapman, five-time Grammy award winner, is partnering with Samaritan’s Purse to perform a one-night only Kentucky Tornado Relief Benefit concert in Paducah, Kentucky on February 20.
Samaritan’s Purse is grateful for his desire to partner with the ministry as we begin to rebuild homes in Kentucky after the devastating tornadoes. As you’ll hear in today’s episode, families from Steven’s hometown were personally affected by the storms. Kristy was honored to sit down with him and hear more about his vision for the concert, and why he felt called to launch his upcoming tour season with this special show. Now Steven Curtis Chapman, Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder, Jason Crabb and Larry Stewart are performing and donating all proceeds to Samaritan’s Purse to aid the hurting community.
“Everything is gone after these tornadoes. My heart was heavy for my family and friends and folks there – we have such a connection to that area. It’s where I came to know the Lord,” Steven shared with Kristy.
During their conversation, Kristy and Steven talk about his Kentucky roots, the opportunity to help the community, his involvement with Samaritan’s Purse, and his prayers for Kentucky families as they rebuild.
Scripture referenced from today’s episode (ESV):
Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!”
The LORD is near to the brokenhearted
and saves the crushed in spirit.
I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living!
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain,
The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD